Online teaching: an instructor’s guide for dealing with digital, diverse classrooms (#onlineteachingdiverse)
After completing the “Online teaching: an instructor’s guide for dealing with digital, diverse classrooms” produced by Kiron Open Higher Education in cooperation with TH Lübeck, you will be equipped with the necessary introductory skills to plan, prepare, and hold online courses with diverse groups, with an emphasis on live instruction. You will receive an introduction to the fundamentals of online teaching and challenges to e-learning from the perspective of blended learning professionals at Kiron Open Higher Education. Upon completion of the course, students will be awarded a certificate in online teaching as well as digital badges per unit.
What do you learn in this course?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- outline key concepts and basic definitions for teaching online
- describe potential benefits and challenges in e-learning and teaching
- develop strategies to deal with some of the barriers of online learning
- apply strategies to actively engage students
- be aware of some cultural prejudices
- deal with a high amount of diversity in the classroom
- deal with the most recent/popular educational technology
- assess the possibilities that educational technology offers for learning.
|Provided By||Sophia Burton, Manuela Verduci via oncampus.de|
|Type of provider||MOOC provider|
|Learning opportunity type||MOOC|
|Admission procedure||Open to all|
|Entry requirements note||none|
|Type of credential||Open Badge|