This open document was developed for the DigiCulture project partners, but it may be available for all who are interested in designs and definitions of Open Badges; who work in the field of gamification and education and prefer to understand the scientific underpinnings of badges or understanding how open badges and stickers can be used to gamify course content.
The document addresses the following topics:
- Definition of Open Badges.
- What do Open Badges represent when rewarded to adult learners.
- Differentiating Open Badges from Stickers.
- Methodological Approach to designing Open Badges.
- Next Steps for Integration and development of Open Badges.
|Type of provider||European project|
|EQF level||No applicable|
|Workload in hours||-|
|Admission procedure||Open to all|
|Entry requirements note||no requirements|
|Type of credential||None|
|Learning outcome||Milestone 4.2: Design and integration of Open Badges -learning outcomes|
Explain the scientific underpinnings of badges and how open badges and stickers can be used to gamify course content