From computers to apps, from the internet to the cloud, this course explores how digitisation became so pervasive, the risks technologies pose and how to minimise them, and tips on harnessing technology to improve our lives at home and work.
- Chapter 1: The digital revolution
- Chapter 2: The computing revolution
- Chapter 3: The software and application revolution
- Chapter 4: The internet and connectivity revolution
- Chapter 5: The cloud computing revolution
- Chapter 6: Big data and beyond
|Workload in hours||n/a|
|Admission procedure||Open to all|
|Type of credential||Generic|
|Learning outcome||Using digital tools for collaboration, content creation and problem solving|
Using ICT software and hardware to collaborate and communicate with others, creating and editing new content (from word processing to images and video) and solving conceptual, technical and practical problems.