This report shows the work done so far for the O4.2 Design and integration of Open Badges. It covers the work performed from October 2019 to January 2020 on badges for the DigiCulture MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses)
This document for the DigiCulture partners who will have designs and definitions available of how Open Badges will work in the DigiCulture MOOC. Secondly, researchers who work in the field of gamification and education, can make use of this document to understand the scientific underpinnings of badges. Finally, the creative industry sector who work wish to create online training platforms can benefit from this document through an understanding how open badges and stickers can be used to gamify course content.
The document addresses the following topics:
● Definition of Open Badges
● What does Open Badges represent when rewarded to adult learners.
● Differentiating Open Badges from Stickers.
● Methodological Approach to designing Open Badges.
● Next Steps for Integration and development of Open Badges.
|Type of provider
|Learning opportunity type
|Open to all
|Type of credential