What makes an effective educational video? This seminar will suggest answers based on what we can learn from academic research and a paying close attention to current practice. It will address questions such as:
- What video format should educators choose?
- How long should a video be?
- Should a video use a script?
- What is the importance of production value?
- What is the role of supporting graphics and text?
- What is the evolving language of video as a medium of communication and instruction?
- What is the importance of community and context for successful video?
- How can the success of videos in informal learning contexts translate into formal education and training?
As part of this, we will survey existing research literature and its limits when contrasted with the rapidly evolving video landscape.
|Type of provider||Corporation|
|EQF level||No applicable|
|Workload in hours||1|
|Admission procedure||Open to all|
|Entry requirements note||none|
|Type of credential||None|
|Learning outcome||manage digital identity|
Create and manage one or multiple digital identities, be able to protect one's own reputation, deal with the data that one produces through several digital tools, environments and services.
|Learning outcome||develop digital content|
Create and edit digital content in different formats, express oneself through digital means.